CoffeeTable Coven Magazine is a free quarterly publication that explores the ins and outs of a modern pagan or witchy lifestyle. It is a space for diversity and inclusiveness; a meeting place of art, writing, and learning.
We are continuously accepting submissions of spiritual, lifestyle and informative articles, personal stories, creative non-fiction stories, fiction short stories, poetry, photography and illustrations, of anything surrounding witchcraft and paganism.
Issues are available on the first day of every season (December, March, June and September) as a downloadable PDF.
Be sure to sign up for our mailing list so you can be notified whenever a new issue is out, or when we have special events happening.
- Please send all submissions to Julie at email@example.com or to Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please attach any written submissions as a Word Document, and any photos as a JPEG or PNG
- All attached documents and photos must be named as your name along with the article name, eg. MY NAME EXAMPLE ARTICLE
- In the body of your email, please state the name of your piece, as well as a brief summary or explanation of the piece
- Please include a bio (absolutely necessary) and a photo of yourself (not necessary if you are uncomfortable with that). Your bio MUST include a name (pen names are acceptable), and your social media handle(s). You can include 2 or 3 lines about yourself and your craft.
- If you are unsure of the category or genre of your work, please send us an email with your pitch/thoughts, and we can chat about it.
- Not every month will be themed according to the Sabbats, etc. Some months may be, some months may not be. We will post on our Instagram account which issues will follow a theme. Keep in mind, issues that do follow a theme will not be very strict about it, and you are still welcomed to submit whatever you like, whether it fits the theme or not.
We do NOT accept
- Any work that is homophobic, transphobic, racist, or sexist in nature.
- Any work that promotes hate or violence to anyone.
- Any work that shames the darker forms of magick. We are a curse-positive publication and do not believe that dark magick = bad.
- Any work that is plagiarised.
Ownership & Payment
- You own all the rights to your work. By submitting your work to us, you grant us one-time non-exclusive publication rights. You are free to submit your work elsewhere at any time.
- Because this is a free non-profit publication, we cannot yet offer payment for any work submitted. We hope to be able to do so in the future, as we grow.